Friday, November 18, 2011

Chayei Sarah menu

Today is preparation Day but I need one more cup of coffee...

What a challenging week this has been. My FIL has had some health trouble that required more attention, we've had car problems, weather has gotten in the way of plans, I've been stumped for a menu, and I STILL haven't gone grocery shopping!!! AAaack!

It's ok! This week's portion has been very centering for me and I finally realized what I needed to cook. I am so grateful how The Father uses His Word to speak directly to me and teach me exactly what I need, and provides a menu to illuminate His Word to our family.

~The Life of Sarah~
Genesis 23:1-25:18
1 Kings 1:1-31
Isaiah 51:2-22
Matthew 1:1-17
1 Cor 15:50-57

The portion celebrates a long and fruitful life with all it's cycles, it celebrates the very name of this blog, so this menu incorporates healthy antioxidants in a celebratory wedding feast. I set pictures of family members of blessed memory around the table along with some heirlooms and also set out pitchers of water to remember how Rebekah watered the 10 camels.

...The theme makes me think of the song, "Sunrise, Sunset." :)

The menu is gluten free, Kosher, and prepared by Friday afternoon...

~Shabbat Dinner~
Challah
Wine
Pan Seared Salmon with Walnuts and Pomegranate
Onion Mushroom Soup
Spinach Salad with Pomegranate and Avocado
Roast Beef with root vegetables in Red wine
Raw and Pickled Vegetable and olive Platter
Mixed Nuts
Fresh Fruit and Berries
Frozen Pears drizzled with Raspberry Dark Chocolate Sauce

~Shabbat Breakfast~
kefir, honey, & fruit
cheese

~Shabbat Lunch~
cabbage soup
salad

~Supper ~
leftovers


~Shabbat Shalom
~WOW~

No comments:

Post a Comment